An older blog I had. I'm now at www.fatalinterview.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 03, 2006

here comes silence

Some of you may know I've been working on a cd project, which will be my instrumental music with the lyrics and vocals by guest singers. I've got a cool line-up, including John Kilbey, Donnette Thayer, & Margot Smith, amongst other equally talented people (although perhaps lesser know) such as Lnz Schilling of A Melodic Daydream and the amazing Harry Flowers.

Harry has submitted his track, actually, although he's going to do some extra backing vocals soon. So I don't consider that to be "done". But today I got a very special package in the mail, one I'd been looking forward to like a kid at Christmas time. I received the song Jasmine Yee of Halogen sang on for me, "Here Comes Silence".

She actually sent it in it's constituent parts, so I have loaded it into my recording software and am going to give it a good mix tomorrow. But even just hearing the rough mix, wow, this is so amazing! I LOVE her voice, and have since learned that she is a total sweetheart in real life.

The project is underway. I have renewed faith!

1 Comments:

Blogger daydreamer said...

Tony! This sounds VERY cool! You got vocals from Jasmine Yee?? and Margot Smith?!?!? My god, I thought she'd disappeared off the face of the earth! Good luck with this project, I for one will be looking forward to hearing it.

btw congratulations on your CD release on Heyday. I'll put that one on my wish list.

love,
Sandy

Monday, August 07, 2006 11:52:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home