An older blog I had. I'm now at www.fatalinterview.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 14, 2006

2006: gonna kick some ass

Wow, I've neglected this thing, huh?!?!? People are going to think, oh Puccifish, you just created this to reply to Kilbey's blog...and that's partially true. I love to write, I don't feel the need to catalog my every day. My writing hits me unexpectedly, when enough impressions of life accumulate and I feel the need to comment on them, hopefully with some artistic merit.

And lately, I've been concentrating on recording music. Got me a special project I'm working on. To the point, it'll result in one final CD of my instrumentals with other singers doing the lyrics and vocals. But in giving these people/singers enough material to choose from, and in some cases hoping to snare them into working on full-length projects with me, I've recorded about 6 CDs-worth of new songs in the past few months! Having a great time with it, I'm really inspired by the possibilities and dialogues I'm having. I ain't namin' names just yet, that'll have to wait, but it's been fun working on music for people for a change.

A change from what? A muse. An idealistic muse to use and abuse. I'm off that train for a while. I still have lots of love and idealism inside of me, I'm just trying to channel it positively. Enough dancin' along boundries of social behavior. My practical side thinks my artistic side is a selfish piece of shit. My artistic side thinks my practical side is a lame-ass piece of shit. 2006: cease-fire.

I've done enough damage to myself over the last 20 years of adulthood. 2006: I reclaim my life.

2006: the pieces come back together and fall into place.

So, my new CD, UNFOLDING, is done! Just being manufactured now at the Heyday Records kitchens of alchemy. It'll be out in March. It'll be worth the wait. It's really good...both my practical and artistic sides agree on that.

And it has the best CD cover in the history of recorded music. And that's the truth!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home